Laser Light Therapy for Pain Treatment at Kambeitz Chiropractic Health and Wellness Center P.C.
Low Level Laser Therapy has been in use for over thirty years around the world. We have two lasers, a Class II and a Class IV laser, available to complement the treatment of our patients. Laser Light Therapy accelerates the healing process from a cellular level and reduces inflammation. Deep penetrating Class IV DIOWAVE Laser Therapy has been used in the United States since 2003. There have been almost no side effects reported. Occasionally some old injuries or pain syndromes may feel aggravated for a few days, as the healing response becomes more active after a laser treatment.
Learn about Laser Light Therapy from Dr. Kambeitz
Laser Light Therapy is Used to Treat:
- Back Pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Frozen shoulder
- Joint and muscle pain
- Neck pain
- Nerve pain
- Plantar fascitis
- Repetitive use injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Tennis elbow
- and more...
The Erchonia Low Level Cold Laser
The Erchonia Difference, the Erchonia XLR8:
- A class II handheld low level cold laser with a dual diode easy to use graphical user interface
- Stimulates the mitochondria cells to speed up production of ATP and enzymesà energy to the cells
- Injured/ damaged cells have a hard time producing ATP thus they can’t communicate
- Increases cellular regeneration
- Features both constant wave and pulsed wave
- Multiple preset protocol settings
- Practitioner can choose to treat over the area of involvement or the symptom
- How long does it last?
- Can last forever or not very long depending on cellular need
Real results of Erchonia cold laser treatment for healing an infected surgical incision
Below are photos of a 16 year old patient who had to have surgery to remove a ganglion-like cyst from his right ankle. He reacted poorly to something post-op, and had to go back in for a second surgery. After the second surgery he again had a reaction and the wound re-opened and got infected. After explaining the Erchonia Class II cold Laser we began doing daily laser treatments of 10 minute windows. In the office we use the ErchoniaXLR8 which has various preset settings depending on what the patient condition/ symptom is. The pictures were taken over the course of ten treatments spread over one week.
Laser Light Therapy Patient Testimonials
"In my effort to hold out as long as possible before having hip replacement surgery, I’ve tried several types of treatments. The only treatment program that has allowed me to be pain free is DIOWAVE Laser Therapy. After six sessions, I was able to return to Pilates class and resume other activities I had given up. I’m able to sleep on my side again and I have regained the flexibility I had lost in my hip joint. I continue to get periodic laser treatments as needed and I am ecstatic with the results I’ve achieved." - Merry H.
"I am an avid runner, working on becoming an ultra-runner. As I began to increase my miles training for ultras, I began noticing that my hip flexor was constantly tight. I began getting adjusted, which helped temporarily, but usually my hip would tighten back up buy the time I was leaving the chiropractic office. Then we tried laser therapy on my hip. After one session I walked away with my hip feeling loose again. After the second session I have barely felt any pain or tightness whatsoever. Now I have been able to increase my miles without having to worry about how my hip will respond. I can now realize my dream of becoming an ultra-runner." - John T
"After years of trauma and abuse to my body my knees have become very painful. My right knee has been diagnosed with a torn meniscus. This was impacting my lifestyle and ability to exercise. After six laser treatments my knee now feels better than the knee that is not injured. I am enjoying my lifestyle again and getting back to activity and exercise. I am so happy with the results that I am planning to get six laser sessions on my other knee soon." - Chuck S
Top Ten Biological Effects of Laser Therapy
- Anti-Inflammation. Low Level Laser therapy creates an anti-edema effect by dilating blood vessels and activating the lymphatic drainage system (which drains swollen areas). This reduces swelling caused by trauma or inflammation.
- Anti-Pain (Analgesic). Low Level Laser therapy exerts a very beneficial effect on pain in multiple ways. It partially blocks neural transmission of pain signals to the brain. It decreases nerve sensitivity. Laser light also lessens pain by reducing edema. A fourth pain-blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of painkilling-chemicals such as endorphins, enkephalins and opioids from the brain and adrenal gland.
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth. Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissues and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light also increases the energy available to the cell by increasing ATP production so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, all cells, including the cells of tendons, ligaments and muscles are repaired faster.
- Improved Vascular Activity. Low Level Laser Therapy significantly increases the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue, which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds more quickly and reduces scarring. Low Level Laser Therapy also causes vasodilation, an increase in the diameter of blood vessels, which improves the delivery of blood and healing elements to damaged tissues.
- Increased Metabolic Activity. Low Level Laser Therapy stimulates higher outputs of specific pro-healing enzymes in blood cells, along with improved oxygen and nutrient delivery.
- Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points. Low Level Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points an acupuncture points on a non-invasive basis, providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation. Low Level Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissues damaged from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
- Improved Nerve Function. Slow recovery of nerves in damaged tissue and result in impaired sensory and motor function. Low Level Laser Therapy speeds up the process of axonal regeneration and nerve cell reconnection and increases the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle action.
- Immunoregulation. Low Level Laser Therapy directly affects immunity status by stimulating the production of immunoglobulins and lymphocytes and by improving the ease of penetration of white blood cells into damaged tissue.
- Faster Wound Healing. Low Level Laser Therapy stimulates fibroblast development (fibroblasts are the building blocks of collage, which is predominant in wound healing) in damaged tissue. Collagen is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or repair tissue injuries. As a result, Low Level Laser Therapy is effective on open wounds and burns.